This is an electronic version (.ePub) of our best-selling book, Breaking Into the Heart of Character, 3rd Ed, for Nook, iBooks [iPad, iPhone, Mac], and most other readers (except Kindle). It is available is also available in a .MOBI format (for Kindle) and in printed format. Please double-check that you are purchasing the correct format for your device.
See below for instructions on how to transfer your newly purchased book to your electronic device.
The moral failures that made the headlines over the past decade did not take place because the guilty parties did not know the right thing to do, or because they did not know how to do the right thing. Too many ethical lapses took place, and take place, because someone just did not feel like acting for the common good. What helps kids feel like doing the right thing? Breaking into the Heart of Character outlines a compelling case with documented strategies that get past character talk and improve character action. Compiling evidence-based practices, this book focuses on educators' ability to catalyze internal motivation, and promote social growth and moral climates. The practices outlined in this book can be implemented by every teacher, in every class, every day.
How to transfer your eBook to your electronic device:
The transfer process differs slightly on each device, so always check your user manual to familiarize yourself with the procedure. The following instructions are provided for reference but may differ slightly on your particular device.
CSEE does not provide customer service for tablet readers. We recommend that you consult with the customer service team associated with with your tablet or phone manufacturer.
How to Transfer ePUB files to your iPhone or iPad
- Download the file from CSEE to your computer.
- Connect the destination device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) to your computer using your USB cord
- Sync the book using iTunes
- iTunes should open up automatically once you connect your device (it may take up to a minute)
- Click on the “books” tab
- Click “sync books”
- Select either “all books” or “selected books.” If you chose “selected books,” then click “Breaking into the Heart of Character" book to sync
- Click “sync” in the bottom right corner
- The new books should now appear in iBooks on your device
Read directly on you computer (Mac only): If you have a Mac with the Mavericks operating system, you can read the book right on your computer with iBooks). After downloading the file, it should show up automatically in iBooks (if not, drag and drop the ebook from finder into iBooks on your Mac)
How to Transfer ePUB Files to your Nook:
- Download the ePub file to your computer
- Connect your Nook to your computer using your USB cable
- Once your computer recognizes the device, right-click on “start" and go to “Explore"
- Locate your “eBook" folder, then find the "My Documents folder" on your Nook
- Drag and drop the eBook into the "My Documents" folder
- Unplug your Nook from your computer
- On the Nook, do a Search For New ContentYour new eBook should show up in the "My Documents" folder